Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pictures from the Art on the Road trip January 2012

A group of 8 left on Jan. 8 to an area four hours from Melamchi in the northern part of Nepal. We visited 3 schools and worked with over 700 children. There is so much I could write about this trip, but I think a picture tells a 1000 stories. It was probably one of the most life enhancing and changing experiences for me. Many of these children have never had the opportunity to express themselves through art and I feel blessed to have shared those moments with them. Thank you to all for your art donations as without that we would not have been able to bring color into their world. Thank you to all of the volunteers as well as COMMITTED for walking the road with us and making this a possibility. We shared the coldest days I have ever experienced in my life, never changed clothes for nearly 10 days and rode the scariest bus ride of my life. We saw the most beautiful hearts and smiles from children in the most amazing setting in the world. I know with more certainty than ever that doing what we are doing is where I am supposed to be in my life. I do hope that those of you reading this will join us in the future on these trips, to bring creativity and color into the schools of Nepal. 











Snow ball fighting. The first snow ever to fall at the school.
Preparation for the next day, Emily and Alice.







No comments:

Post a Comment