Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Looking at possibilities

As most of you know we will be visiting Letang and Tulsipur during December and January to do free art workshops with children and free training workshops for teachers. I would love to show teachers how they could use recyclable materials to create art in the classrooms. There are still only a few spaces left if anybody wanted to join me. The information on the trip and dates are in the post below.


This is still just a question in my mind and I am only putting out feelers into the world to see what comes back to me and if this could happen. As you all know my biggest dream is still to open the art center down south and I know when the time is right it will happen. But in the meantime I am thinking of how to get it started in a small way, as most of this is still a learning experience for me. I am thinking (just thinking) if I should extend my trip by another month and stay till the end of February. The reason why it is still just a thought is, I would have to figure out the finances firstly to take care of my responsibilities here at home. But I strongly believe in this project and what we can accomplish in the long run. Art is not just an action, it is an expression of who we are and each child needs to be able to have that experience, so that they can dream and hope. As part of this question I have is that I am not sure if it will be possible to find a space to live for close to one month. I would like to stay in a central location where we could go and work at different schools in the area and have a space where we can do workshops for teachers. If there is a district that has the need and is interested in working with me on this plan please write me at watersfromheaven@gmail.com. I am thinking maybe Tulsipur might be a good location to work from, but I am not sure how the other schools in the area feel about it. And I am very much open to where the road leads us. Also I would have to see if any volunteers would be interested in joining and staying with me during this time. I am just putting out these questions as I am not sure if it is possible, but you cannot receive an answer if you do not ask. So here goes......  

No comments:

Post a Comment